Aurora Cottage is a beautifully maintained holiday home on the northern peninsula of Trotternish on the Isle of Skye.
The ground floor of the cottage consists of the kitchen/dining room, lounge, king size bedroom with en-suite shower room. While upstairs includes a family bathroom, twin and double bedrooms. All bedrooms and the lounge have sea views towards the Isle of Harris for stunning sunsets.
- Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
- 4K Television with Freesat and Netflix
- Blu-ray/DVD/CD Player
- Ample Parking
- Linen and Towels are provided
- Central heating
- Local grocery shop 5 miles, larger shop 20 miles.
Lounge and Dining room
- Leather reclining sofas seating for 6
- Dining room table with 6 chairs
- Games and Puzzles
- Variety of books
Cooking and Cleaning
- Oven and Hob
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
Views and Garden
- Large fenced garden
- Rural/Quiet location
- Views to the west for spectacular sunsets
- Sea views
- Mountain views
- Rural/Crofting views
Getting to Aurora Cottage
Ideally you will need a car to visit Aurora Cottage although bus routes around the Trotternish peninsula are reliable and regular.
The quickest route is to drive via Kyle of Lochalsh and cross the Skye Bridge and drive up the A87 through Portree, turning left to stay on the A87 in Portree towards Uig. In Uig turn right onto the A855 indicated to Staffin/Kilmuir (see image on the right for that turning). Follow the road for approximately 5 miles and turn left at Kilmuir where it's sign posted to Bornesketaig. Travel down the hill and turn right just before the cattle grid onto the private gravel road. Aurora Cottage is the last house on the left.
The nearest airports are:
- Inverness (3 hours, 140 miles)
- Stornoway (1 hour + Ferry, 75 miles)
- Glasgow (5 hours, 230 miles)
The nearest train stations are:
- Kyle of Lochalsh (1 hour, 20 minutes, 55 miles)
- Mallaig (1 hour, 20 minues + Ferry, 70 miles)
CityLink operates coaches across Scotland, and you can get a Coach to Uig, but ideally, terminate your journey in Portree and then either get a local bus around the peninsula or hire a car from Jans.